Server Help

Misc User Apps - Bryce 3D Ship Rendering

SuSE - Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:37 pm
Post subject: Bryce 3D Ship Rendering
Okay, this is not a program, but it looks to be a hassle to get it on subspacedownloads.com right now and I want it to be online because I always lose track of it on my computer.

This file contains a tutorial and templates for Bryce3d/4/5 that makes it very easy to get ship images for SubSpace. Basically you make a model, stick it into a template, tweak things a tad press a button and then you have all the images for rotation and rolling if you want. Maybe sort the frames a bit and you're done.

This was put together by ZigNotZag, a good ole SubSpace ship creator.

I think it's probably the best thing out there for ship making and that it's just been neglected because not so many people know about it.

You need Bryce, but that's what kazaa lite is for. sa_tongue.gif
Anonymous - Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:05 pm
Post subject:
If people wanna make 3D ship models, Bryce probably shouldn't be their first choice. It's mostly for landscapes.

For 3D models, they can use Lightwave, Truespace, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Softimage|3D and so on. All you gotta do after that is render the spinning ship and put all the small files in a shipX.bm2 file (where "X" is a ship number between 1 and 8)...Make sure you place them right though.
SuSE - Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:51 pm
Post subject:
ah, so I guess this file is useless

I guess there's no point in making available a file that makes the creation of the ton of different angles required for rolling images really REALLY easy...[/sarcasm]

plebe
Anonymous - Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:53 pm
Post subject:
i have a programing for combining the 40 images that bryce spits out when you render the animation (using the series of .bmp setting) and it'll combine them into a fromat subspace can use. If you want it email me at vamperz@yahoo.com
SuSE - Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:16 pm
Post subject:
just attach it here
Bak - Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:09 am
Post subject:
here ya go
D1st0rt - Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:10 pm
Post subject:
I thought bryce was free anyways?
SuSE - Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:18 pm
Post subject:
no
ZiGNoTZaG - Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:28 am
Post subject:
those other programs are better for creating complex objects, but they are just that....pretty complex.

bryce is by far the easiest to use. and like Suse says. ya got the animation all ready to go.

rotating one ship around 360 degrees is pretty easy. but go ahead and set up the rolls icon_smile.gif thats the real trick.

btw, i got one of them image splicers too. ya can get it at ssdl's icon_smile.gif

"shiptiler.zip" in the editors section. just fyi.

its dynamic, and will pretty much assemble anything into a layout of your choosing.( as long as its a bmp, jpg, or gif that is ) hehe sa_tongue.gif

in theory a person that didnt really understand much at all about actually even making 3d ships could make some with my setup.

get bryce, play with it some, add some objects, take some out, render them.

search the web for free 3d files, free DXF files, free 3ds files......

http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/meshes.asp

download that tutorial, read.

download image splicer.

make ships.
ZiGNoTZaG - Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:56 pm
Post subject:
ive updated my image tiler to include the ss ship functionality.

now going from the frame output of my full roll ani. template to 2 bmps is as easy as a few clicks no matter the image size.
All times are -5 GMT
View topic